For over 60 years Alands has provided accounting and related services to the rural sector. We know agribusiness and we understand that the demands and challenges faced by farmers are like no other. From fluctuating cashflows to unpredictable weather and changing commodity prices, managing a successful farming operation requires a unique approach.
With a wealth of first hand rural knowledge and practical tax solutions, Alands can evaluate your assets, business structures and trading performance and look at ways to reduce and manage your tax obligations.
Alands specialises in agribusiness and can help you with a range of issues such as:
- Preparing cashflow forecasts and budgets
- Preparing management accounts
- Business and strategic planning
- Agricultural investments
- Managing family rearrangements including conducting family meetings, advice on structures, and how best to minimise taxation and other costs
- Purchasing rural property
- Minimising tax on the sale of rural property
- Assistance with arranging the best finance for you that suits your business, minimises interest rates and setup costs, and suits your cashflows
- Preparing industry specific applications such as Queensland Rural Adjustment Authority (QRAA) grants
- Advice on water transfers and the associated tax consequences
- Providing expertise in rural record keeping packages such as Phoenix, Agrimaster and Cash Concepts.
For more information on how Alands can assist your primary production business, contact us today.
Buying or starting a business should always be seen as one of the major investments of your life; a major investment of your time, money, and lifestyle. Doesn't it make sense to get professional advice to help you;
- Choose the right business
- Pay the right price
- Protect yourself from the major pitfalls
- Protect your personal assets (e.g. your home) from business risks.
The major reason why businesses fail, or never pay back to the owner any more than a weekly wage (at a low hourly rate), is a lack of management expertise. Alands can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, trust or company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Evaluate if the purchase price is reasonable
- Consider GST and income tax issues on purchase
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Complete any taxation registration procedures including ABN, GST, and also employer obligations
- Set up a recording system to help manage your business and for to comply with statutory requirements
- Train you in financial management best practice for your business.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks which absorb valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed trying to ensure that you are complying with ASIC and the Corporations Law.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Alands we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparation of all documentation relating to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- Assistance in change of directors, shareholders, addresses and office details
- Bonus Issues
- Share Transfers
- Registered Office Facility
Businesses can grow very quickly and sometimes need to have the ownership structure changed to cope with this growth, such as when an equity investor comes into the picture. Alternatively, you may have more than one business owned by the same entity, and need to break apart ownership in order to protect one business from the other, or facilitate the sale of a business. Alands has been involved in many different types of corporate restructuring, and is able to provide expert and accurate advice on how to best achieve your goals while minimising taxation and restructure costs. Some other areas where corporate restructuring may benefit you include:
- When you need to change your ownership model to minimise tax
- How to allow a family business to be transferred to the next generation
- How to separate your business from your personal assets to provide increased protection from business risks
As your wealth grows, many people look to protect hard earned family assets from creditors, lawsuits, irresponsible children, and family breakdowns. This involves both careful planning while you are alive, and after you are gone.
As unpleasant as the task is, considering what happens after you die through careful estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind knowing your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. Especially if you are relying on your business to fund your retirement, or to provide for your children's future.
Our Estate Planning Services include:
- Developing a strategy for the transfer and protection of assets
- Reviewing existing Structures & Wills
- Advising on potential Structures
- Control of Assets (both now & in future)
- Powers of Attorney & Guardianship
- Consideration of Life Insurance & Superannuation strategies
- Co-ordination of the estate planning process with your lawyer and insurance broker.
At Alands we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Your business is one of the major assets you will own, and often it may fund your retirement as well. It is imperative your business is in the best shape possible to make sure you receive the highest price possible when you decide to sell. You may also have a large capital gain on the sale of your business, which could result in a very large tax bill if you don't receive good advice. Alands can help you with a range of issues when you are selling your business including:
- Preparing your business for sale to achieve the highest sale price
- Marketing your business
- Help you determine a sale price
- Considering various aspects of the sale including employees and goodwill
- Minimising tax and GST payable on the sale of your business
To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
A trust provides a valuable way to protect the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable. We can assist with:
- Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for trust formation
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Completing the trust administration:
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfill its purpose!
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and can provide you with simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property. We can also appear in court or for arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations.
Choose Alands for a professional, accurate valuation service!