Buying or starting a business should always be seen as one of the major investments of your life; a major investment of your time, money, and lifestyle. Doesn't it make sense to get professional advice to help you;
- Choose the right business
- Pay the right price
- Protect yourself from the major pitfalls
- Protect your personal assets (e.g. your home) from business risks.
The major reason why businesses fail, or never pay back to the owner any more than a weekly wage (at a low hourly rate), is a lack of management expertise. Alands can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, trust or company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Evaluate if the purchase price is reasonable
- Consider GST and income tax issues on purchase
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Complete any taxation registration procedures including ABN, GST, and also employer obligations
- Set up a recording system to help manage your business and for to comply with statutory requirements
- Train you in financial management best practice for your business.